Ace Utilities 6.3.0
Ace Utilities Review:
Windows is a notorious operating system with too much functionality under the hood that optimizations are a basic and very common need of the program. These, like Ace Utilities, are taken care by special optimization programs that confine RAM, CPU usages, Start-Up processes and applications in order to make the performance smooth and hassle free. It is more like a maintenance toolkit for your operating system just like your hardware needs maintenance every once in a while. A good optimization software is a must for every PC user in order to keep your working conditions habitable for long.
Cleaning your PC is the first and the most important step. Junk files are created every second and they take up space in your local drive. Depending on your working hours a day's worth of work can even lead to GBs of junk and duplicate files. Ace Utilities help clean them regularly.
- It cleans registry settings and duplicate files to save you significant disk space.
The Registry Settings is the storage of all parameters to run your PC. Over time this gets accumulated with too much of invalid entries slowing down the computer. This program gets rid of these substances once and for all. A regular cleaning is always useful. This makes your PC much more stable.
Privacy is the key to today's thefts and compromise of information. Your PC also keeps track of everything that you do on it like opening and closing of applications, websites visited, videos watched etc. and these take up considerable space in your local drive. Removing them regularly, not just helps you acquire lost disk space but also keeps your affairs private.
- It also makes your PC a lot faster by disabling programs from the Start-Up Manager without hampering the usual operations unknowingly.
Recovering deleted files is also simple, in case you did not know. If you intended to wipe a folder because of certain confidential reasons, Ace Utilities can help you securely shred these files so that they cannot be recovered by someone for malicious reasons.
Their latest release is Ace Utilities 6.0.0 which is merely a 6.8 MB .exe file as it is compatible with only Windows 10 and backwards. The fully featured trial version expires after 30 days, after which a license requires $29.95. It also comes with additional accessories and tool kit.
Overall, a fine good piece of program for daily optimization needs.
Changes on the new version:
- Replaced a third party license/registration component with our own, resulting in a leaner setup. Some users might have to re-enter the registration code.
- The startup Manager is now in sync with Task Manager's Startup tab.
- Wipe Recycle Bin tool wipes only current user's Bin by default. Added option to wipe every users' Recycle Bin.
- Shortcut cleaner now shows scanning info in the center of page. Also fixed a bug : when user scanned a second time, no items were found.
- Startup Manager now scans 87 new locations for startup items
- A new column in AutoStart Manager to show whether the file is digitally signed.
- Autostart Manager now shows all scheduled tasks. Added option to show all tasks.
- Added Filter box for Autostart Manager.
- Added Filter box for Erase History > Plugins.
- Registry Cleaner tool deletes invalid 'StartupApproved' items
- 'Check for new version' now provides an url to manually check if new version is available in case your firewall blocks update checking.
- Minor GUI improvements
- If a user chooses not to enable Explorer shell integration during setup, shellext DLL is not registered.
- Improved Chrome history and Cache cleaning
- Will delete compressed files when wiping RecycleBin even if the program fails to wipe it.
- Fixed an issue with 'Openwithlist' scanning in Registry Cleaner tool.
- Updated ignore-lists
- Fixed an issue with firefox cookie cleaning.
- Improved Edge Cookie cleaning.
Ace Utilities Reviews (Add your review!)
Add your review!